Sign up for Procurated
Procurated helps public sector buyers make more informed buying decisions through peer reviews. It is completely free to use.
Write and read reviews, find new suppliers, manage vendor performance and more!
7 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Reviewing a Supplier
1. Is there a supplier that has exceptional customer service, or one that you dread dealing with?
“Great customer service. If I have to call them late on a Friday because someone is coming in, they are usually here in about an hour.”
2. Is there a supplier with exceptional and consistent timeliness, or one that is routinely behind schedule?
“They are slow to fix things. Getting to the right person is difficult and the internet is slow.”
3. Do any of your suppliers charge above-market pricing? Are there any that give noteworthy quantity discounts?
“If you buy on state contract, the pricing is unbelievably good on some vehicles, sometimes 20% less than list price. “
4. Think of the last time the quality of a product or service exceeded, or missed, your expectations. What occurred to create that positive, or negative, experience?
“The...vehicle has had some issues, we feel that we are having to replace parts like the tie rods more frequently than we should have to.”
5. Think of a time something out of your control (weather, policy change, etc.) threw a wrench in a project. How did the supplier respond?
“They were able to take care of our needs. There was a delay during the procurement process, and they held the vehicle for a month, and the vehicle was exactly what we wanted.”
6. Mistakes are inevitable. Think of a time a vendor made an error – how did they react in the following hours and days?
“She is always willing to help out. If items aren't available, she will find a substitute for me.”
7. Is there a supplier whose expertise adds value to your project? Or, a supplier whose lack of expertise threatens the project’s success?
“[The Supplier] makes aluminum box culverts. They are the engineer and the manufacturer, so they make a very good product.”
What review will you write?
Published on Sep 11, 2020